We adore this time of year, a lot! So we just couldn't wait until till October 31st to carve a Doberman pumpkin. We had so munch fun that we put together a stencil for you to print and use too, along with a super simple step-by-step tutorial.
We'd love to see your finished pumpkins. Feel free to download one of our stencils or use your own, then post your Doberman pumpkin pictures to our Facebook page to hashtag #dobermanpride on Instagram.
Supplies: You will need a pumpkin, a set of carving tools or something simple to a scooper, a poker, and some small blades or knifes, a stencil, and tape. Hot spiced rum and/ or pumpkin ale are optional but highly recommended accompaniments.
1. Find the perfect spot on your pumpkin to carve and tape your stencil in place.
2. The solid black areas of the stencil are the pieces of pumpkin you will be carving away and removing. Use a sharp point to poke holes to outline the stencil. You want the holes to be visible enough so that when you remove the stencil you know where to carve.
3. Carefully remove the stencil but don't throw it away. You should be able to see a clear outline of your stencil.
4. Next draw an outline around the top of the pumpkin and cut with a knife to remove the top.
5. Scoop out all the pumpkin guts and be sure to save those seeds for toasting later.
6. Follow your dotted lines and carve using those tiny tools. Keep the original stencil close by for reference if you get confused on which parts to remove. Wait for it to get dark and… ta da! Light the candle and snap a pic of your masterpiece.
7. Upload your pumpkin pictures to our Facebook page or Instagram. You can use one of our stencils below or make your own design. Happy carving!
Stencil A. Download here
Stencil B. Download here
Stencil C. Download here
Stencil D. Download here
Stencil E. Download here
Stencil F. Download here